Search This Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Back To The Magic

Today has been a hard day. I woke up with that feeling of falling. Falling with no one to catch me. I hate that feeling. I'm one of those people that thrives on touch. Hugs, holding hands...it makes me feel safe and fights off the loneliness. This morning was lonely. I tried to fight it off by going out for breakfast. Talking to people and listening to conversations. It helped a little but not enough. I joined in the chat in the ustream but I never really felt connected to it today. The radio show was phenomenal and that kept my attention but didn't help with the need for contact. So I decided to do what I usually do to fight off impending depression. I went for a walk.

There's something about being in nature. It has always soothed my spirit. The further I am from the city the more at peace I seem to be. It helps me to think and it helps me clear my head. And it helps me to feel connected to an energy greater than myself, thereby becoming less lonely.

So today I walked and I thought and I dreamed and I evaluated and asked the universe for solutions to help me build the life that I want. As always the universe answered. And as always, not in the way expected.  Loneliness for people is temporary. The people that love me, though they live far away, aren't going anywhere. They will love me just the same when I see them again. I know the distance is temporary. The true answer to my loneliness is spiritual. I've gotten too far off the path of my personal spirituality. Losing it is losing who I am. It is where I find my comfort and how I connect with the energy of the universe. I need to get back to that. I need to get back to the beauty of the divinity all around me and let go of the material needs and desires that are weighing me down. The universe is making me poor for a reason. It is a life lesson. Time to embrace all the beauty and resources that are given freely in the world around me. Time to welcome magic back into my life.

Sometimes magic is subtle. An energy or a whisper on the wind. But not today. The intelligent Universe knew it really had to get my attention. I needed something special to pull me back into myself. So I was surrounded by a swarm of beautiful, delicate and vibrant butterflies....

Now I feel revitalized. Not so alone. Not so isolated. Walking a path on my own doesn't mean that I'm ever truly alone. I may just be right exactly where I am supposed to be.

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful sign has been sent to you. It's a sign I think many of us miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful... and just kinda makes me love you more. {{{Shelley}}}

    Thanks for being a positive influence in my life. I know you're a gift from God. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its just too easy to get caught up in life and miss the meaningful little moments along the way. I'm trying to be better about that!

    *hugs* to Heather! I always learn so much from you. We believe so much alike.

    And you're definitely a gift from God Ginger! I'm so thankful I met you!

    Why do all my girls have to live in Texas?! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why are your blogs always so timely? Are you living in my mind?;) I'm reconnecting to my spirituality, too, and setting goals for myself that I write down and add pictures for visualization. You are a gem, Shelley.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in your head Victoria! woooo spooky! :) Start a blog and I'll read yours too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to blog regularly on MySpace and then opened a WordPress blog but didn't keep up with it. Maybe I'll revisit it.

    ReplyDelete